At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets, invent, collaborate and not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
The IBM Global Technology Services remote open source applications support mission is in the third wave of “start-up mode”. Join us in what promises to be an incredible journey in helping customers transform their businesses onto open source projects.
IBM’s Open Source Services team is looking for hands-on technical experts with deep admin and operations experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
– Implement solution designs for clients along with architects;
– Translate requirements into the design and development of customized system;
– Experience in Java Application deployment, configuration, tuning;
– Troubleshoot and resolve design and configuration issues in the customer’s environment;
– Create knowledge via articles, blogs or remote training.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
·– At least 3 years of implementation experience on one or more of these open source projects: Apache Kafka, OpenJDK, Spring Framework, Java, Apache ActiveMQ;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Previous Customer Facing Role experience;
– Eagerness to learn and expand technical competencies regularly;
– Flexible with change.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– Skills to develop software solutions using cloud native technologies utilizing languages such as Python, Java or Golang via DevOps best practices
– Experience with event driven architecture and messaging
– Cloud integration experience
– Existing contributions to an Open Source community or a desire to do so
– Experience collaborating (support forums, mailing lists or code) with ONE or more of these open source projects: PostgreSQL, Apache Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Redis, MongoDB, MariaDB, MySQL, – Apache Spark, Galera Cluster, Apache CouchDB.