At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and implement. To make markets, invent, collaborate and not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
The IBM Technology Support Services (TSS) Open Source support mission is in the third wave of “start-up mode”. Join us in what promises to be an exciting and incredibly rewarding journey in helping customers transform their businesses using community Open Source Software.
IBM’s Global Open Source team is looking for IT experts experienced with implementing Open Source software for clients in coordination with Open Source Architects.
Your Role and Responsibilities
– OpenShift or OpenStack implementation, configuration and tuning for clients;
– Translate requirements into the design and development of customized system;
– Troubleshoot and resolve design and configuration issues in the customer’s environment;
– Create knowledge via articles, blogs and remote training;
– Ongoing Skills Development.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– At least 2 years of previous experience implementing OpenShift solutions;
– Experience with Ansible, shell/bash scripting, server management;
– Technical working knowledge of core Open Source products (at least one or two of the following: OpenShift, OpenStack, Ansible, Istio, Kubernetes, Docker, CRIO, Rancher);
– Administration of hybrid cloud environment, Configuration of HA/DR;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Previous Customer Facing role experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– Skills to develop software solutions using cloud native technologies;
– Previous experience in migrating to Open Source solutions;
– Existing contributions to an Open Source community or a desire to do so;
– Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work;
– Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management;
– Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
– Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.