At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
· Provide technical leadership over a team of customer support engineers whose responsible resolving customer raised network related voice, email, and web service requests specific to Cisco equipment.
· Provide advice and guidance to team members in order to facilitate the technical resolution of their assigned incidents.
· Accept ownership and resolution responsibility for difficult issues that require assistance from resource outside our center.
· Educate, develop and train team members in technical and support center related areas
· Assist Team Managers with client escalations and incident evaluation
· Be responsible for overall team results, ensuring appropriate plans are in place to address any improvement that is required.
· Work within a fast paced environment while achieving high levels of accuracy with the information provided by the customer.
· Follow Support Center processes for effective management of team support requests.
· Participate in initiatives and activities that improve overall team skills and results.
· This position will require ongoing skills development activities and successful completion of all required training curriculum.
· Willingness to work on US prime time shifts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 24 months of experience in a technical support center
· Second level or higher delivery experience
· Advanced understanding of computer networking – TCP/IP, routing, switching, firewalls
· Working experience with any enterprise class Cisco equipment
· Technical Support Center experience with any enterprise class Cisco equipment a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Operating systems at advanced user level
· Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or similar technical field
· Excellent command of spoken and written English (B2-C2 level)
· Active Cisco CCNP certification in any technology area
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to provide leadership within a team environment
· Self motivated, self starter
· Ability to produce high quality documentation
· Focused & Results orientated
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise