Our Scandinavian culture is based on our dedication to put people first. It's how we grow our culture, our business and our community. Investing in people is how we do it.
You will be part of
In our department we have a relaxed tone, and all are expected to express their opinion. We are working in self-organized teams and the team has the responsibility for the solution. In your team you will work in an agile Scrum setup. The setup requires close collaboration with other members of the team, the scrum master, and the product owner. The team works in 2 weeks sprints and releases software biweekly. The team also owns major parts from development all the way to operation monitoring. The team focuses on writing back-end cloud services that complement our advanced IP video surveillance product. Those services run in Azure and AWS utilizing .NET Core technologies and native offerings (e.g., message queues, specialized databases, functions). Work is tracked via Azure DevOps and Git is used for source control and code reviews. We value automation and implement it whenever possible in the software development lifecycle.
What you will do in a typical day at Milestone
· Act as a technical advisor and coordinator in the team and with other engineering teams
· Drive the implementation of whole features – from requirements all the way to deploying to production
· Guide and mentor junior members of the team
· Participate in requirements refinement and provide feedback on technical feasibility to the Product owner
· Collaborate with other engineering teams when delivering cross-team features
· Troubleshooting complex customer cases for Live services when needed
· Suggest improvements to the existing services and applications owned by the team follow up on them with the PO
How you can match
· 5+ years of experience with Web, service-oriented or distributed systems.
· 5+ years of experience with SQL Server
· 3+ years of experience with Azure or AWS, setting up services and implementation
· Experience with C#, .NET Core and ASP.NET Core.
· Experience with Microservice architecture and patterns or Serverless offerings.
· Practical knowledge in writing distributed back-end systems – and how to balance between scalability, security, availability, and performance
· Excellent spoken and written English
Preffered Skills and Competencies
· Displaying initiative and driving decisions
· Willing to work in dynamic environment
· Good mentor skills
· Expert in service-oriented or distributed systems
· Open to knowledge sharing and helping others improve their skills
· Team player who values integrity and honesty in communication
· Good analytical and debugging skills
· Openly shares feedback in the team
Milestone Supports Your Wellbeing and Growth
· 25 days of paid vacation
· Flexible working hours
· Public transport card or parking spot in the office
· Compliments gift card
· Company sponsored mobile phone
· Sports card
· Food vouchers
· Luxury health and dental package
· Life insurance
· Learning and trainings plan
Thrilled to hear more
If you want to be part of this great team and our exciting company, please submit your application where you express your motivation for working with Milestone Systems. Please include your CV – all documents need to be in English. Do not hesitate and miss this chance, as interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis. For more information, please contact our Engineering Manager Pavel Vanchev.