To strengthen our Architecture and Security Team we are searching for a Data Solution Architect within the Solution Architecture group. Your role is to define and implement data solutions within a team of data scientist and data engineers. You are responsible for the overall design and development of a data and analytics environment.
- You counsel business departments on the capabilities and opportunities of data solutions
- Your aims are to address specific data problems and requirements
- You perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution
- You conduct products / market studies to choose appropriate solutions
- You clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- You describe the structure and behavior of a data solution and ways of delivery using data technology
- You define data models and data integration patterns
- You monitor the implementation of data solutions
- You help program and project managers in the design, estimation, planning and governance of data projects
- You benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- You document big data use cases and solutions
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as solutions architect
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop / Spark applications
- Firm understanding of major programming/scripting language like SQL, Python, R, Scala, Java, Ruby
- Experience with ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica, Pentaho, etc.
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses and complex data integration scenarios
- Good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms
- Knowledge of large cloud-computing infrastructure solutions
- Good team player able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving agile environment
- Understanding of insurance business and experience with insurance data models and algorithms is plus
- Understanding of a variety of hardware platforms incl. mainframes, distributed platforms, desktops, mobile devices is a plus
- Fluent English verbal and written communications skills are a must. German is a plus.
- Readiness to travel
Compensation & benefits:
- Very stable work environment, as part of large Banking and Insurance Multinational Group
- Flexible work program, respecting your own private time
- Full-time, unlimited employment contract
- Attractive remuneration package
- Remote work possible
- Additional health insurance
- Food vouchers
- Exchange of experience and training with international professionals, as a premise for personal development
- Career development opportunities
- German language courses
- Team building events held both in Bulgaria and Europe
- Great workplace, office location close to the Plovdiv city centre
By submitting your application you acknowledge and consent to the data privacy policies of UNIQA Group. You grant us use of your personal data for the purpose of validating your professional qualifications for the purposes of potential employment by USS BG.
USS BG cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy.