Senior C++ System Engineer
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
You will research, design and develop components of complex network-based applications. Your code will control huge amounts of Internet traffic with a clear focus on performance and stability. Your work will cover components working in the lower application levels, the ones processing ethernet frames or TCP/IP packets, through the higher levels where HTTP and/or P2P protocols are implemented along with the main application logic. You may also need to provide APIs to other back-end/front-end systems.
Your tasks will include research, requirements gathering, prototyping, specification, setting the performance and resource usage metrics, implementing and testing new features and improving existing ones. You will be responsible for the full delivery of the features you work on.
* Familiarity with Linux and the programming, debugging and profiling tools - gcc, gdb, valgrind, perf, objdump, address sanitizer, etc;
* System and network programming experience - OS basics, processes, threads, BSD socket IO, disk IO, Linux/Unix/Posix API, etc;
* Experience writing performance-sensitive functionality;
* Professional experience with C++ and preferably with C++ 11 and beyond;
* Experience using the C++ standard library - data structures and algorithms, their pros and cons;
* Understanding of the basic multithreading principles and synchronization primitives;
* Experience working with complex state machine logic;
* Ability to express in written form what are your thoughts and knowledge without assuming what the reader probably knew;
* Experience working with C++14/17/20;
* Experience with the C++ boost libraries;
* Experience with unit testing;
* Basic knowledge of how some of the low-level networking protocols work - IP, TCP, UDP;
* Basic knowledge of how some of the high-level networking protocols work - HTTP, JSON-RPC;
* Knowledge of SQL and experience with MySQL/InfluxDB;
* Experience with any scripting language - bash, nodeJS, PHP, etc;
* Experience with the FreeBSD or Linux Kernel Networking Stack, Netfilter and IPtables kernel modules;
* Good level of written and spoken English;
The company offer:
* Work on advanced, complex and developing technology;
* Work with the founders who have engineered the technology so far;
* Impact over hundreds of gigabits of live Internet traffic;
* A small team where your work makes big difference;
* Research & Development of sophisticated high-quality product, not thousands of small customer's projects;
* Rapid development workflow (short release cycles), delivers the software you create in the hands of tens of millions of users within days after you finish coding it;
* More than 50% of your time will be spent on writing new code;
* Flexible work schedule, the main focus on code delivery;
* Remote work based on company policies and after successful completion if training period;
* Brand new desktop or laptop based on your choice (including Apple products);
* One or two external IPS monitor(s);
* Health insurance on company expenses;
* Multisport card (shared expenses between company and employee);
* Healthy fresh fruits and fresh juices (while your visits in the office);
* Hot drinks (coffee, tea), nuts and healthy cereals (while your visits in the office);
About Extreme Labs
Disruptive Internet technology that is changing the Internet behavior of millions of people in the developing countries;
Doing actual innovations which established our service as a brand with a very strong and rapidly growing users fan base;
We’ve been covered by prime media during the last 5 years and also recognized as the most successful Bulgarian startup in India;
Well-funded, cash-flow positive, founded and run by serial Internet entrepreneurs;
* Extreme Peering - a revolutionary suite of broadband acceleration technologies that optimize most bandwidth-hungry applications – BitTorrent and Web Video. It significantly reduces the ISP bandwidth costs and improves the user experience by delivering ultra-fast localized content.
* Extreme IX - a carrier-neutral, data center neutral Internet Exchange point for Indian ISPs, local and international content providers.
If you are interested, please send us your CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, via e-mail or phone.
All applications will be reviewed under strict confidentiality.
|Известия за новите обяви от Extreme Labs JSCo|