We present the opportunity to take on the key role of Risk&Compliance Officer for the Bulgarian branch of KBC Asset Management N.V. KBC Asset Management has established a dedicated branch in Bulgaria, which provides professional support for investment fund sales and investment advisory services through the different sales channels of UBB Bank (the Distributor). The Risk&Compliance Officer in the Bulgarian branch can also contribute to the broader product offer of KBC Group internationally.
The position will include Product Risk, Company Risk and Compliance functions.
You will be supported in your role by means of general KBC Asset Management trainings, specialized trainings, and on the job learning. You will be part of an international dynamic and heterogeneous team with various backgrounds working on regular monitoring and reporting, and interesting projects from a theoretical and practical point of view, which will enrich your experience.
What would be your main agenda:
1. Product risk
o Implement risk management policies (as defined by KBC AM NV) and processes in order to identify, measure, manage and monitor appropriately all risks relevant to each investment fund’s investment strategy and to which each investment fund is or may be exposed.
o Ensure that the risk profile disclosed to investors corresponds to the risk limits determined in compliance with the legal regulations and provide report thereon.
o Ensure that updated information is transmitted regularly to the management on adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management process, specifically indicating whether adequate corrective measures have been or will be taken to remedy actual or foreseeable deficiencies.
2. Company risk
o Forecasting, identification, collection, uploading and reporting of operational loss events.
o Monitoring of the Key Risk Indicators and preparing the relevant regular reports thereof.
o Implementation of the relevant (KBC AM) group risk policies.
o Management of the risks arising from the daily operation of the branch.
o Analyses, control, coordination of the recovery, initiating remedies with regard to the occurred loss events.
o Managing and keeping operating risk reports and documents up-to-date.
o Assessing the compliance risk and enforcement of the laws, rules and codes of conduct pertaining to the activity, and monitoring of compliance with them.
o Development of the guidelines regarding the Integrity Policy.
o Development of the rules of conduct and implementation of the measures for monitoring compliance, performing investigations.
o Preparation of regular reports for the management bodies with a view to the periodic assessment of the proper operation of the area and evaluation of compliance risk management.
o Local coordination of data protection issues - followed up by the DPO (Data Protection Officer) of UBB.
What should be your qualification and skills:
• You like to work in an international team in a structured way and you can focus on individual assignments delivering quality.
• Critical mindset and eager to learn.
• General interest and knowledge on financial markets.
• Natural and intuitive work with Microsoft Office in advanced way, especially with Excel, and ability to solve common issues during working with data.
• We are looking for someone who is pro-active, precise, self-organized and reliable without being closely overseen.
• You should prefer direct and open communication and be able to challenge business proposals.
• Fluent English is a must! You’ll communicate with international colleagues on daily basis.
• Work in a small team with an international context.
• Gain experience in a financial institution, leader on the local market.
• Work in a real team spirit environment.
• Be a part of a big international group with possibilities of cross countries development.
• Learn about asset management activities from the best.