Trading 212 is a London fintech company democratizing the financial markets with free, smart and easy to use apps.
We are disrupting the stock brokerage industry by offering the first and only zero commission stock trading service in the UK and Europe, unlocking the stock market for millions of people. Our mobile app has more than 15 000 000 downloads, making it one of the most popular trading apps in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Officer for our head office in Sofia. The new position will be part of our Legal Team, currently consisting of 4 people in Sofia (including the head of legal), working on group level, as well as 1 person in London and 1 in Cyprus. This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing company as we continue our international expansion.
Our innovative product raises challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Trading 212 build cutting-edge products for users all around the world.
The Senior Legal Officer will be expected to provide various internal stakeholders with legal advice tailored to their needs. If you are someone that thrives in a challenging and high energy environment then this role could be perfect for you!
• Coordinate major legal projects and provide advice on strategic group-level projects.
• Provide advice on complex legal issues and risks to different internal clients.
• Help develop and build the wider, non-legal team’s understanding of relevant laws and regulations.
• Be responsible for the negotiation of standard commercial agreements, as well as maintaining accuracy of client agreements.
• Maintain legal knowledge and be aware of any legislative changes.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of post-graduate experience in any of the following: regulated entity, law firm.
• Master’s degree in Law.
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
• Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
• Have regulatory experience dealing with EU law. Persons with international experiences (work experience, full studies or masters abroad) will be preferred.
• Experience in the following areas will be preferred: MIFID II, Contract Law, GDPR.
• A full-time opportunity with great social benefits including 22 days off, sports card and private health insurance.
• A competitive salary.
• Delicious treats, massages and a spacious game room.
• A friendly working environment in a unique, modern office.
• Young and diverse team of passionate and self-motivated professionals.
• Full appreciation of your talent and ideas.
We are ready to interview.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please send us your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants’ personal data is protected by the law and will be treated as strictly confidential.