We are a young start-up from Cologne, Germany developing an IoT system for monitoring water consumption and detecting leakages in buildings. We would like to extend our team by March 1st, 2022 with a Backend Developer (m/f/d).
What you can expect from us:
- We are a small, highly motivated team trying to find solutions for unsolved problems with experience, passion and creativity
- An agile mindset as well as embracing new ideas and approaches are part of our DNA
- We believe in individual responsibility, short decision-making processes and creative freedom
- We offer flexible working hours as well as working from home/remote
- Professional and personal development are important to us
What we expect from you:
- You show enthusiasm and commitment in developing our products and services
- You are responsible for Implementing, deploying and monitoring our services
- You develop and plan backup and scaling strategies
- You support us in implementing tools and scripts as well as improving our IT security
- You come up with ideas and implement them independently, both for our products as well as for our work as a team
What you bring to the table:
- You have studied computer science, business IT, software engineering or alike
- You have several years of experience in backend development and/or systems administration and/or dev-ops
- You know how to develop server applications and ideally gained experience in database administration (SQL)
- You have an excellent understanding of state-of-the-art IT/IoT architectures, design patterns as well as continuous integration & testing
- You speak English very well, additional German language skills would be beneficial
We want to employ full-time, but we are open to discuss other working time models. Relocating to Germany is an option, but not a must. The job can be done fully remotely. Of course, we would assist in case you want to permanently or temporarily relocate to Germany (e.g. finding a flat, administration, etc).
We have sparked your interest and you can tick off all of the above? Excellent, please send us your application immediately. You do not meet all the requirements, but you would love to join the team? No worries, we’ve all been there and we know that it’s rarely a 100% fit. So, give it a go.
Please provide your documents in English if you apply.