Agile Team Lead
SBTech is an industry leading provider of turnkey online gaming solutions and powers the most successful gaming operators around the globe. SBTech currently employs over 350 professional and experienced individuals - with the number rising daily. Here at SBTech, we allow you to create your own career. Opportunities are only limited by your ability, motivation and imagination - we simply believe in hiring the best people and providing them with the best tools.
As an Agile Team Lead you will be part of our Professional Services domain which is the point of contact between our clients and teams. You will have the opportunity to work under Kanban in one of our cross-functional teams, composed of Developers, QAs and HTML Designers.
Team Leader and Scrum Master is the most common combination and it is easy to see why: both roles have a process focus and a responsibility for issue resolution. In that sense, there are aspects of the Scrum Master role which will suit the capabilities of many Team Leaders running Agile projects.
What type of Agile Team Lead do we need?
It is important to emphasize we’re not talking about the old fashioned ‘command and control’ style of leading the team here. Our Leaders need to fit with the Agile philosophy: delegating as much detail as possible into the team. This leaves the Agile Team Lead with 3 main areas of responsibility: as a support to the team, as a buffer to the outside environment and as a coordinator.
So, if you like continuous improvement, working close to business in small teams with a dedicated mission, the concept of taking agile principles and methods to its limit by making use of new techniques and programs – then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning
- Lead development teams to practice agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower his dedicated team of Developers, QAs, DBAs, HTML people to self-organize
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience playing the Scrum Master and People Manager role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Advanced project management skills;
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Lean, Kanban, …
- Skills and knowledge in leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Previous experience as a developer (desirable)
Here we're working really hard (yet not burning-out-hard), but also learning and developing fast (like Usain-Bolt-fast). We are looking for smart and focused people who represent the team spirit and are trustworthy allies in achieving great results. The business environment provokes us to be dynamic and innovative and that’s exactly what we are. We offer great career opportunities – you simply have to seize them.
- Very good remuneration!
- Plenty of social benefits: additional health insurance, sport activities, food vouchers…
- Regular bonuses based on personal results.
- Trainings and certification programs.
- Formal review process twice a year.
- Opportunity to join a team of great professionals (like you).
- Dynamic and friendly work environment.
- Open and transparent communication.
- Team activities, (memorable) team buildings, Christmas party.
- Brand new office.
If you are interested in joining the SBTech team, send us your CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Confidentiality of all applications is assured!