Политика за защита на личните данни на SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES BULGARIA Ltd.
Sensata Technologies takes your privacy seriously. This Privacy Statement aims to explain how we handle personal information about you when you apply for a job at Sensata Technologies Inc., or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide (“Sensata”, “we” or “us”).
This Privacy Statement explains how and why Sensata collects, processes and protects your personal data as a data controller during and after the recruitment process and the options you have to control your personal data and protect your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to applications submitted to Sensata and third parties, such as recruitment agencies and job boards. It also applies to applications submitted via other means, such as by post and email.
This Privacy Statement will inform you about:
• What personal data Sensata collects and uses;
• How Sensata uses personal data and the legal basis on which Sensata uses it;
• Who has access to personal data;
• How personal data is protected when transferred internationally;
• How personal data is protected and stored;
• Your rights in relation to your personal data, and how you can exercise them; and
• How to contact Sensata.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data.
Personal data Sensata collects and uses
Personal data is any information that relates to you and identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us. Sensata will collect various types of personal data about you and from various sources. We may collect personal data from you directly (e.g. when you provide us with your application documents) or from other sources where permitted by law (e.g. when we perform background checks). We will only collect information in the recruitment process that is necessary to assess you for the position for which you have applied.
Personal data Sensata collects directly from you or which is generated by Sensata
The types of personal data Sensata collects directly from you or is generated by us during the recruitment process include:
• Application information: This information will generally tell us who you are and help build a picture of your capabilities and suitability for certain positions. This type of information may include your name, age, date of birth, gender, contact information, current company, information contained in your CV/résumé (e.g. professional qualifications, certifications, previous employment history, place of residence, current base compensation, additional bonuses and/or commission and personal interests and experiences), information about the type of work and projects you have been involved with and any other information you may wish to provide to us as part of your application.
• Recruitment process information: This is information collected as a result of the recruitment process, such as your performance at interviews or assessments.
• Future opportunities information: This is information collected with your consent in order to keep in touch with you about future job opportunities with Sensata, such as your name, email, CV, LinkedIn profile, location, field of expertise and the kind of role you are interested in.
• Correspondence information: this is information collected during correspondence you had with us and other information which you voluntarily provide in the course of the recruitment process that it is necessary to hold or use for the legitimate business purposes of Sensata.
• Personal data Sensata collects from other sources
The categories of personal data we collect about you from other sources include:
• background check information from pre-employment screening agencies or publicly available registers or references obtained during recruitment when required.
• publicly available professional profiles on websites and social media (e.g. LinkedIn).
• information from former employers or other referees.
Special categories of personal data
Unless we are required to do so by law, it is not our intention to process sensitive data about you, such as personal data relating to race or ethnic origin, criminal records, and health information (known as special categories of personal data under applicable data protection laws). We encourage you not to include any such information in the documents you provide to us.
Sensata may collect sensitive data (known as special categories of personal data under applicable data protection laws) about you during the recruitment process as permitted or required by law, such as personal data about criminal convictions, medical information or other special categories of personal data which is relevant and necessary for the position you apply to, for instance by having trusted third parties conduct background checks.
Sensata may also process information about your nationality, ethnicity, racial origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or disability status in order to monitor compliance with equal opportunities legislation and our diversity goals. Sensata may publish this information, but only as an aggregate statistic and not in a way that could identify you as an individual. Please note that this information will be collected on a voluntary basis only. If you do not wish Sensata to record this information, please do not provide this information to us.
Where Sensata processes sensitive personal data, it will usually do so on the basis that it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, necessary for the purposes of carrying out its obligations in the field of employment and social security and social protection law, to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or with your explicit consent. In any case, Sensata will carry out the processing in accordance with applicable laws. In cases where you have given your explicit consent to Sensata to process sensitive personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
How Sensata uses personal data and the basis on which Sensata uses it
Sensata collects and processes your personal information for:
• Supporting and processing your application: we process your personal data to perform pre-employment checks to verify your recruitment information (you will be told in advance which aspects of your personal data will be verified including an explanation of how the pre-employment checks will be carried out), assess your ability to meet the job specification, to allow details of job applicants' skills and experience to be viewed by our personnel, for instance the manager of the department to which a vacancy relates), compare your information with other applicants, in order to shortlist applicants, to verify references and professional qualifications provided by applicants, to keep you informed of the recruitment process, to take steps at your request and to share to personal data with other Sensata affiliates for these purposes.
• Maintaining a talent pool: we use your personal data to keep you informed of new job opportunities which we think will be of interest to you if you have provided your consent to be included in a talent pool. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
• Improving our application Process: we use your personal data to ensure that our recruitment website is user-friendly and contains appropriate and helpful information.
• Legal and regulatory compliance: we use your personal data to ensure compliance with immigration rules, health & safety requirements and other legal or fiscal obligations, to ensure compliance with our internal policies or in connection an internal investigation or audit.
• Protection of our interests and legal rights: we use your personal data to protect our interests and legal rights, for instance to defend our rights in legal proceedings.
• Criminal background checks and health assessments: we use information from criminal background checks and health assessments where legally permitted and necessary for the position you apply to.
• Equal opportunities monitoring: we use your personal data for equal opportunities monitoring and anti-discrimination measures.
Sensata will only process personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection legislation. Generally, the legal basis will be one of the following:
• compliance with our legal obligations: the processing may be necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation imposed on Sensata. For example, Sensata must comply with immigration, health and safety, and tax obligations or to disclose your personal data if we receive a court order.
• the legitimate interests of Sensata: in order to function as a business operating worldwide there are situations where it is in Sensata’s legitimate business interests to process personal data. For example, to manage the recruitment process and to monitor and analyse our recruitment portal. When we process personal data to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected.
• where there is a public interest in using your information in a particular way (for example, to help combat fraud).
• your consent: where required by law, we will obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal data, for example when we process some categories of sensitive personal data or when including you in a talent pool. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Access to and sharing of personal data
Your personal data will be made available for the purposes mentioned above and only to responsible Sensata employees (e.g. human resources, management) on a business need-to-know basis and only to the extent reasonably necessary for your application.
Sensata shares your personal data with trusted third parties under the following circumstances:
• Sensata affiliates: as Sensata is a global business, we share personal data within the Sensata group of companies.
• service providers and business partners: we share personal data with our trusted service providers and business partners that perform business operations and services for us, for example third party service providers who provide Sensata with background check services, recruitment services, hosting services and with HR tool providers such as Workday which hosts our recruitment portal https://www.sensata.com/sensata-recruitment-privacy-policy
• law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, government authorities or other similar third parties: we share your personal data with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (such as tax or immigration obligations), or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
• asset purchasers: we may share your personal data with any third party that (intends to) purchase, or to which we transfer, all or substantially, all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal data processes it in compliance with applicable data protection laws and this Privacy Statement.
• professional advisors: we may share personal data with our professional advisors, for example to provide legal advice or to assist us with a criminal or regulatory investigation.
Sensata has appropriate security and privacy measures in place with all third parties to whom it transfers personal data. Where Sensata engages a third party to process personal data on its behalf, Sensata will delegate such processing in writing, will choose a processor that provides sufficient guarantees with respect to technical and organisational security measures governing the relevant processing, and will obligate the processor to act on the Sensata's behalf and under Sensata's instructions. In addition, Sensata will impose in writing appropriate data protection and information security requirements on such third-party processors.
International transfer of personal data
Sensata is a global business and uses service providers globally, so you should be aware that Sensata transfers personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) which are deemed to not provide an adequate level of data protection. For instance, Sensata's recruitment portal is hosted by Workday, a US-based service provider, and personal data is therefore stored in the US.
When we transfer personal data to a country that does not ensure an adequate level of data protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as the EU Contractual Clauses) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place or if you wish to receive a copy of the relevant transfer mechanisms used, please contact us at the details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Data security and storage
We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal data we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal data. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We will retain your personal information until the position you are applying for has been filled, after which we will retain your personal information for a limited period of time that enables us to:
• check our records should you apply for another role with us;
• comply with record retention requirements under the law;
• defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
• deal with any queries or complaints you may have;
If you have provided your consent to be included in a talent pool, we will retain your personal data for a longer period in order to contact you for future job opportunities with Sensata. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
If your application is successful, your information will form part of your personnel file and will be processed and retained in compliance with the Employee Privacy Statement which will be provided to your prior to entering into the employment agreement.
Your rights and how to exercise them
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, which depend on the data protection laws in the country where you apply for a job. These rights may include the right to:
• access your personal data;
• rectify the personal data we hold about you;
• erase your personal data (“the right to be forgotten”);
• restrict our use of your personal data;
• object to our use of your personal data where we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest;
• receive your personal data in a re-usable electronic format (right to data portability);
• withdraw your consent to any processing based on your consent at any time; and
• lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority (if any) if you believe we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern.
We rely on you to make sure that the information submitted by you is complete, accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of your personal data by sending an email to the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data by Sensata or wish to exercise your rights, please use the contact details at the end of the Privacy Statement. Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by us on a case by case basis. There may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request or because of relevant legal exemptions provided for in applicable data protection & privacy legislation.
Automated decisions about you
Sensata may automatically process your personal data to make decisions or conduct 'profiling' about you for Sensata's recruitment purposes. This means Sensata may process your personal data using software that is able to evaluate your personal aspects and predict risks or outcomes. This may involve decisions about you that relate to, for example, your suitability for a position. The significance of Sensata's actions in this connection is that is that it may have legal or similar effects for you, namely whether you are offered employment with Sensata. If we conduct these type of automated decisions, the logic involved will consist of using an algorithm in order to automatically assess your suitability for the particular position you are applying for on the basis of your information.
We will only make these kinds of automated decisions about you where:
• such decisions are necessary for entering into a contract. For example, Sensata may decide not to offer you a position based on information about your educational history, professional qualifications and aptitude testing scores Sensata has collected about you;
• such decisions are required or authorised by law, for example for fraud prevention purposes; or
• you give your consent for carrying out automated decision-making.
Subject to local legal requirements and limitations, you can contact Sensata to request further information about automated decision-making, object to Sensata's use of automated decision-making, or request an automated decision to be reviewed by a human being. Please contact us at the details at the end of this Privacy Statement and we will explain to you what your rights are in relation to the processing in question.]
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal data has been used, please contact: email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Statement may be amended from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law.
New version of this Statement will be posted on https://www.sensata.com/sensata-recruitment-privacy-policy You will be able to see when we last updated the privacy notice because we will include a revision date at the bottom of the document. Please review this privacy notice from time to time to check whether we have made any changes to the way in which we use your personal data.